The Fellowship of Christian Students (FCS) is an interdenominational, evangelical student/youth focused organisation. It is a national movement of Scripture Union (SU) Africa Region founded on 14th December, 1957. One of the main purposes of the fellowship has been to deepen personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ among members, and to help them to see the relevance of their faith to their studies and life as a whole.
WHY FCS IS RESPONDING HOLISTICALLY
Holistic Ministry is meeting both the material and spiritual needs of people. FCS has seen that they are equally legitimate and important through the example of Jesus who talked of body, soul and mind. We meet their needs in the context of the whole person by meeting looking at the spiritual, material, emotional and social needs that affect the whole of life. Real behaviour change comes through spiritual life transformation and skills development, which FCS is in a strategic place to bring about in peoples’ lives due to the long experience in working with youth and churches.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
To be a well-developed and equipped organization, with stable and adequate resources for holistic ministry among young people and families, leading to a godly society.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To promote the transformation of lives of children, students and other youths through evangelism, discipleship, leadership and family life development.
OUR TARGET GROUPS
FCS works predominantly in Northern States of Nigeria reaching over 257 primary schools, 4,325 high schools, 176 post-secondary schools, 10 church denominations and 100 Residential communities.
The project targets school children and youth in primary, secondary and universities/tertiary institutions; youth and families in churches; and youth and adults in residential communities. Opinion leaders and youth workers in faith-based organisations (FBOs), community-based organisations (CBOs), non-government organisations (NGOs) and government organisations (GOs) equally benefit from the training/workshops and seminars of the programme; all focusing on prevention of new HIV infection and quality living for those infected and affected by HIV. Some training programmes also target staff and volunteers involved in implementing the project.
OUR AREAS OF INTERVENTION
- Seminars on Lifeskills
- Lifeskills Club Formation
- Peer Education
- Reach 4 Life Small Groups
- Income Generating Activities
- Facilitation and Communication Skills
- Materials Development and Distribution (IEC/BCC)
- Enjoy your marriage
- Parent-Child Communication
- Singles Forum
- Vulnerable Children
Aid for AIDS
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Intervention/Awareness
- HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT)
- Seminars on Environmental Sustainability
- Tree planting campaigns
- Refuge Management
Peace Building and Disaster Risk Management
- Conflict resolution group
- Counseling for those suffering from trauma
- Seminars on Disaster Risk Management
- Training on Conflict Resolution & Disaster
- Organizational Development (OD)
- Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Strategic Planning
- Policy development consultancy services
Documentation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Best Practice Documentation and sharing local and international fora
- Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation (MER)
HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED
- We could visit your youth group, school, church, women organisations, couple groups, etc. (as you plan for this, let us know your exact needs. This will help us to prepare better for the visit).
- You could set up peer counselling programmes and clubs with positive values in schools, churches, youth groups, and communities with us.
- Prayer and financial support will enable us produce/provide materials during seminars/workshops, acquire equipment and vehicles, conduct research, maintain and expand our operations, etc.
- Make yourself available as couples, individuals or groups for schools visitation through an Associate FCS (AFCS) unit in your local area.
- Attend the National aid4Life Comprehensive Capacity Building to be equipped for further effectiveness in awareness creation, outreaches and counselling, etc.
- Volunteer to for short term mission work with us.
- Volunteer to be involved as an aid4Life corps member.
- You can donate to support any of our projects.
OUR PARTNERSHIP AND NETWORKING
- Tearfund UK
- Scripture Union West Africa (SUWA)
- Mission Africa
- National Agency for the Control AIDS (NACA)
- Federal Ministry of Education
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Christian Network on AIDS (C-NAN)
- Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN)